This recipe for Violet Crumble Slice is adapted from my Clinker Slice recipe. It’s an incredibly simple recipe and takes no time at all to prepare.
Makes/Serves: approx. 20 pieces
Variation: I’m still thinking about that Malteser version but Clinker Slice is hard to beat.
1 packet marie biscuits
1 packet Violet Crumble (I used the family packet, you can also use home brand if you wish)
1 tin condensed milk
450g melted chocolate OR chocolate icing
1. Crush biscuits and clinkers and place into a bowl. The biscuits can be a fine to medium crumb and the Violet Crumble can be a rough crumb for texture and colour.
2. In a small saucepan, heat butter and condensed milk until butter is fully melted. Remove from heat.
3. Pour heated ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
4. Press into a lined square or rectangle tin making sure slice is about 2-3cm in height.
5. Place in fridge to set for half an hour or overnight.
6. Prepare chocolate icing and ice the slice and place back in fridge to set.
7. Remove slice from fridge and cut into pieces to serve.