Variation: Banana and blueberry muffins, 1 1/2 banana, mashed and 1/2 cup frozen blueberries.
3 cups self-raising flour
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
90g butter, melted
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 bananas, mashed
1. Pre-heat a fan-forced oven to 180ºc
2. Grease 12-hole non-stick muffin pan or place 12 Multix cafe collection muffin wraps in your muffin pan – the perfect way to give your muffins that authentic cafe look. You can purchase a 24-pack of these from Woolworths.
3. Sift flour into a large bowl. Add brown sugar and cinnamon, stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
4. Combine milk, egg and butter in a jug. Add banana to milk mixture.
5. Pour milk mixture into well, using large metal spoon stirring until just combined. Don’t over mix.
6. Spoon muffin mixture into prepared muffin pan until 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into muffin is clean.
8. Cool in muffin pan for one minute and then turn out onto wire rack to cool.